Global Down syndrome market is rising gradually with a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The high prevalence of Down syndrome, increasing governmental funding for development of novel therapies and rising awareness about the disease are the major drivers for the market growth.
Get Sample Report + All Related Graphs & Charts @
Global Down syndrome market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global Down syndrome market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global down syndrome market are OPKO Health, Inc., LuMind IDSC Foundation, MIT Alana Center, H. Lundbeck A/S, AC Immune, Advocate Health Care, Inc., Annovis Bio, Inc., ManRos Therapeutics, Pfizer Inc., Eisai Co., Ltd., Balance Therapeutics, Bayer AG, Genentech, Inc., Promega Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Lonza, ALLERGAN, Cognition Therapeutics, Inc., Zynerba Pharmaceuticals, Inc., ProMIS Neurosciences, Ligand Pharmaceuticals Incorporated among others.
Global Down Syndrome Market By Disease Type (Trisomy 21, Translocation Down Syndrome, Mosaic Down Syndrome, Others), Test Type (Screening Tests, Diagnostic Tests, Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Injectable and Others), End Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Definition: Global Down Syndrome Market
Down syndrome is also known as trisomy 21. It is a genetic disorder characterized by lifelong mental retardation, poor muscle tone and muscular hypotonia. There are several symptoms observed in children with Down Syndrome which includes larger tongue, poor muscle tone, short fingers, small facial features among others.
The incidence of Down syndrome is estimated to be 1 case in 800 live births. The increase of life span in past few decades has resulted in the high prevalence rate of Down syndrome.
- High prevalence rate of down syndrome and other related disorders are major drivers for the market growth
- Introduction of novel therapies and enhancing research and development for the treatment and management of down syndrome acts as a market driver in the forecast period
- Increasing investments form government for drug development and advanced diagnostic procedures for down syndrome will also boost the market growth
- Rising awareness about the disease and its complications drives the market growth
- Unavailability of any specific treatment is one of the major factor that can hamper the growth of this market
- Stringent regulatory approval for new drugs can also restrict the market growth
- Side effects associated with Down syndrome treatment therapies will hinder the growth of this market
Grab Your Report at an Impressive Discount! Please click [email protected] https://www.databridgemarketresearch.com/inquire-before-buying/?dbmr=global-down-syndrome-market
Segmentation: Global Down Syndrome Market
By Disease Type
- Trisomy 21
- Translocation Down syndrome
- Mosaic Down syndrome
By Test Type
- Screening Tests
- Triple Screen
- Quad Screen
- Diagnostic Tests
- Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS)
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2019, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) awarded a grant of approximately USD35 million to its research and development project to conduct an advanced research on Down syndrome. This project of NIH is called the Investigation of Co-occurring Conditions Across the Lifespan to Understand Down Syndrome (INCLUDE) project. The main purpose of this project is to investigate the critical health conditions and needs of people suffering from Down syndrome. Additionally, the research will also focus on co-occurring conditions with people who are not suffering from Down syndrome
- In August 2016, OPKO Health, Inc. announced acquisition of Transition Therapeutics, Inc. The acquisition includes ELND005, a CNS drug candidate used for treatment of patients with Down syndrome and Alzheimer’s disease. The purpose of this deal was to acquire the business and pipeline drugs of Transition Therapeutics, Inc. This acquisition gives the right to develop and commercialize the drug product in order to benefit the business development
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global down syndrome market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
About Data Bridge Market Research:
Data Bridge Market Research set forth itself as an unconventional and neoteric Market research and consulting firm with unparalleled level of resilience and integrated approaches. We are determined to unearth the best market opportunities and foster efficient information for your business to thrive in the market. Data Bridge endeavors to provide appropriate solutions to the complex business challenges and initiates an effortless decision-making process.
Data Bridge Market Research
Email: [email protected]